This section doesn’t currently include any content. Add content to this section using the sidebar.

Image caption appears here

Add your deal, information or promotional text

To Get Child Care Subsidy (CCS) You Must:

• Care for a child 13 or younger who's not attending secondary school, unless an exemption applies

•Use an approved child care service

• Be responsible for paying the child care fees

•Meet residency and immunisation requirements.

You may be eligible if you or your partner meet all of the following:

• Care for your child at least 2 nights per fortnight, or have 14% care

• Are liable for fees for care provided at an approved child care service

• Meet the residency rules.

Your child must also meet both of these:

• Immunisation requirements

• Not be attending secondary school unless an exemption applies.

If your child attends secondary school, you may still be eligible if they need supervision. They must be either:

• 13 or under

• 14 to 18 with disability.

In these circumstances, you must provide evidence as to why your child can't be unsupervised. This may include evidence of your child’s disability. You also need to confirm an adult is unable to care for your child during this time.

Each person that’s liable to pay child care fees will need to apply for this subsidy and meet these criteria.

How To Claim?

Service Australia will help you through a step by step guide to claim.

A Child Care Subsidy claim can be backdated up to 28 days.

Keep in mind, you can’t make a lump sum claim for Child Care Subsidy.